Saturday, January 26, 2008

HAIRSPRAY


We watched HAIRSPRAY for our family movie night last night and I just thought I'd put out a quick plug for the movie. I really liked it. It was a great story line and I loved all the characters and the actors who portrayed them. I also thought John Travolta did a great job pulling off a woman, which made the movie even better for me! I loved the message that being different was OK and that we shouldn't be ashamed of who we are and stand up for what we believe in. The music was great too! I now want to wake up every morning singing "Good Morning Baltimore!". By the end of the movie, I was dancing right along with them and trying to get K to dance with me (W and B fell asleep by the end). I probably am the last to see it, but if you haven't seen the movie, I definitely recommend it!

By the way, we found the redboxes out here too! Thanks Whit and Ben for the tip!

3 comments:

Shayne said...

I love that movie! We watched it one night for our date night and I was in heaven! I love musicals, and it was really cute too! It makes me laugh when I think about John Travolta playing a girl! He really did a great job! :)

Kenna said...

I agree that it's a fun movie! I really enjoyed it! My friend has a 7 year old daughter who loves it, and watched it non-stop when it came out. One day after school, she told her mom, "Mom, I was having such a good day that I just yelled out 'Every day should be Negro Day' in class!" Needless to say, her mother had to have a little talk with her about what the movie was really about! (And what not to yell in class!)

RP said...

Kenna, that is soooo funny! Thanks for sharing! I needed a good laugh.