Friday, February 5, 2010

Furniture Uplift

We have been working hard on re-doing our table and chairs. My friend Carley gave me these chairs right after I got divorced (wasn't that sooo nice?!). The table is that round one that Jaime had, then she gave it to Kacie who then finally gave it to me. ;) We decided that they needed an uplift. After a lot of blood, sweat, and tears - well more like a lot of striping, sanding, and painting - we can finally enjoy our beautiful dining table and chairs! Here are some pictures to document the process:

The chairs looked like this:

Then we sanded them and they looked like this - actually, this one isn't sanded! I guess we didn't document too well. This one just has the seat removed :)

Then we painted them and re-covered the seats with some fabric I had:

Then we painted the table... ta-da! (we also covered the seats with some plastic - I don't know how long it's going to last, but at least it will protect them right now)

Here is our centerpiece I put together tonight - a tray that I had, plus some candles and shells!
*Disclaimer: I put that little wandering shell back into the tray... I didn't notice it was there when I took the pictures. :)

5 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

The finished product looks great! Even the wandering shell is cute!

Jaime said...

Great job! I'm so impressed! The plastic on the chairs was smart- especially with little kids. I'm so glad that table is getting more use and love- we loved that little table!

Whitney said...

I LOVE it, Shayne! You are so talented! Such a great idea to put plastic on the seats - wish ours had it on them. I love the ceter piece! (And thanks for posting!!)

RP said...

I am amazed how easily it is for you to do these kinds of projects. They are always to overwhelming to me and you just go and get it done! It looks great and I love your center piece...it's always so much better when you can find things that you already have to use!

Kacie said...

Wow! It turned out great! I can't even believe it is the same table! Way to go! Love the centerpiece, love the chairs, love the table, love everything! ;)