Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dressing up some shirts


I made this one for B and it looks so cute on her!

I found different tutorials on different blogs a few months ago on making fabric flowers and ruffles to put on shirts. Here are some that I did and I must say they were for the most part pretty easy. Time consuming because it was my first time, but doable. I just took a plain t-shirt, then took fabric (I used knit for the flowers so they wouldn't fray) cut out flower shapes (2 layers for the roses and about 4 for the other flowers) then pinched them together, stitched them to keep in place then sewed on where I wanted them. For the ruffle I took the material, cut a long strip (at least twice what you need) fold in half, sew closed, turn inside out, sew zigzag stitch over knitting thread down the middle then pulled out to ruffle (I don't sew and don't know how to explain this at all). Then pinned on shirt and sewed it on. I will try and find the blogs that had them because they had step by step instructions, plus they deserve the credit.

3 comments:

Shayne said...

I LOVE them! I also love that you're crafty! Who knew?! :) I really am very impressed!

Whitney said...

YAY! I'm glad you posted these! I can't wait to try them! (I'll have to do some research to find the step-by step inst.) I'm very impressed, Miss Crafty :)

Kacie said...

Those turned out so great! I'll have to try them sometime!