Monday, February 23, 2009

Secrets

A secret can be a very powerful thing.  Amazingly powerful.  I just finished reading a book -Drowning Ruth- and there was one secret that over time effected many different lives.  As I finished reading I couldn't help but think of the power of a secret.  How sometimes something we feel should be kept a secret at the time maybe really shouldn't be.  If we could see the lasting effects of that secret we just might feel differently about how much we want it to remain hidden so no one will ever know.  

I also know some things are better left a secret, some things don't need to be shared.  But what about the secrets that involve other people's lives, secrets that only by being kept don't require change, admission, truth.  
What secrets do you keep?

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Secrets are a funny thing. They can keep you prisoner, or set you free. It all depends on the nature of the secret. I have some of my own. We all do. Some I will probably never divulge. Others may just take time to come out. I should read that book!

RP said...

If I tell you, they won't be secrets anymore!

I'm actually a pretty open person. There isn't a whole lot that I keep to myself. And, if there is something that I'm not saying, it's probably better for everyone if they don't know about it. It's a secret!